April 27, 2018: Official intro.
The intro of the game has been requested several times. Here it is in preview.
April 14, 2018: New version of the park scene.
I have 5 room to correct before the beta version is ready. I was wondering about the quality of one scene in the game, and after thinking, I decided to rebuild this room. Here is the result
February 13, 2018: Movement of the character.
I just got an idea. In the game, as the adventure unfolds, you will discover new places to explore. These are gradually appearing on a map! This will allow you to move from one place to another easily (example, for Ben to return from his home to the library). The system worked well but I thought it was too "flat". so i just added an animation. Now, Ben will travel on the map of point a to point b on his little bike 😊
February 07, 2018: New animation: Little squirrel
January 31, 2018: Latest progress of this week (not visible in the demo, only for the final version)
- Added double click that makes the character run.
- The main character now contains 43 different animations out of the 50 planned (the demo only contained 13).
- All scenes now contain animations and various sound effects.
- NPCs (non-playable characters) have been added to several scenes.
- The stability of the game interface has been completely revised, the gameplay has remained the same but is more responsive and free of bugs.
- The set of unused files have been cleaned up and a big part of the files have been optimized to make the game less resource intensive.
- The music is now without cuts (They do not restart at each change of scene but continue or they had stopped)
- The texts have been adjusted to no longer overflow the screen, regardless of the resolution of the game.
- Many other small bug fixes.
It was a big job but the result is worth it. I'm finishing the last 7 animations of the character this week.
The final scene is under preparation. Then follow a beta version to detect any bugs and errors. All this to allow a stable version when the game will be broadcast.
Feel free to comment and share, it is now that it becomes important.
January 27, 2018 : The evolution of the game continues
The question that often comes back is: " but what does the family look like before it disappears? This is a response element ;) the final programming phase is on the way, all of it is moving forward! Test phase soon ready.
January 06, 2018: A brief overview of the work in progress on a stage of the game. Ben and his little brother
October 29, 2017: Improved Scene: The train station
I take care of decorating each scene of small details in the scenery to improve everything. Example here with the station platform. Photo Before / After
October 01, 2017: Scene of the Ben's room done
I completely reworked the scene of Ben's room and his computer.
Here is the 'before / after' sequence and the gameplay
September 30, 2017: New in the game: Clues system.
I basically created a search system via Ben's pc but it was too tedious. Either the player had to search for clues almost randomly, or everything was in front of him. In both cases, it was penalizing for the player (either too easy or almost impossible to solve).
So I completely changed the system and after a few opinions of relatives, it seems to please unanimously.
In short, throughout the adventure, you will reap various clues. With each important find, the little Ben will note on small papers what he thinks is important. Papers that he can then spread in his room on a table to help him solve the story.
Do not let him down, he will need your help to find the right clues and help him save his family.
September 23, 2017: New Scene: The Cemetery
The cemetery, scene ready (90%) (some animations to add)
November 18,2017 : Optimized and fluid animations
Big evolution. I finished improving the animation of the character. Before the animation was jerky. I increased the images for each animation. Result: Fluid animation. It's definitely prettier as well. Here is the result. Share if you like ☺️